This month I want to focus on being fearless. I’ve been afraid of so many things in my life… some because of fear of failure, fear of getting hurt, fear of the unknown. I’ve been afraid of people or I hate to admit it but of what they would think. I’ve been afraid of not doing things the right way, or of costing too much or taking too much time, or not doing it well enough. And you know, I’m thinking none of those things...now that I see them in print- really matter.
So I’m choosing to be fearless this month. So what will that look like?
Well as silly as it may seem I’m going to fearlessly dejunk some closets to start with. I’m going to throw out stuff I’ve been saving or been afraid I may want later. I’ve hung onto a dress for 10 years (that I love) but ‘just in case’’ I may want it. 10 years!!! That’s ridiculous. Being single is forcing me to make changes and do things I’ve never done (online banking and paying bills! I know someone out there is rolling their eyes) but baby steps are still steps. Taxes are coming up and that will be a whole new ballgame…but I will be fearless.
Anyone want to join me? What fearless thing will you do this week or month? Let me know...you'll inspire me.
6 comments:
I LOVE this what a great idea. For me it is going to act on promptings, like when I feel prompted to stop and say hi to someone I am going to do it. I usually think I am too busy or it is probably nothing but this month I am going to act on those promptings. I am excited to see what happens. Jen Casey
LOVE this...and you know you are NOT. ALONE--fear is such a paralyzing feeling and limits us/me! I'm excited to follow your growth and learn from these new steps you're taking--it is an exciting world we live in. YAY Mom!
Who dares to roll their eyes at someone being fearless??? Your baby steps are someone else's giant steps, and vice versa. When we are fearless, we can lift up our eyes, cast our gaze around and see that in our community, there are many around us taking fearless steps as well. None of us is alone... EVER!
I love your blog so far and I love this idea! What a brave goal to start out the new year with! I will join you. I have been really scared about some of the upcoming changes I will be facing--from labor/delivery to motherhood. I am going to face my fears and begin reading, educating myself, and mentally preparing for the changes ahead--as fearlessly as possible! Thanks for the inspiration :)
I already made a comment to you by email but is there a limit to how many comments a girl can make? Your commitment to be fearless is inspiring. It has unearthed so many fears for me that need to be overcome. I want to be fearless in not only standing up for myself when someone doesn't treat me well but also being fearless in admitting when I am in the wrong and might be responsible for the mistreatment. Yvonne, thanks for inviting me on your journey. This is going to be fun.
I had a baby. Only, I was very much afraid.
Post a Comment